In this doubleheader episode with “BioCurious podcast”, the hosts of the two podcasts, Kayla Osterhoff and Ani Manian, discuss inner working’s of the mind, aspects that limit us from reaching full potential, how they overcame limitations and practical tools to become limitless.
Kayla is a health scientist, professional athlete, entrepreneur, health optimization practitioner, and a global leader in integrative mind-body medicine. She is formally trained across the spectrum of health sciences with a bachelor of science in health ecology, master of science in public health, and currently pursuing her doctoral degree in neuropsychophysiology and biochemistry.
- contrast between brain and mind (2:20)
- the optic nerve and how impulses work (6:33)
- the observer effect (10:03)
- what is neuroplasticity (16:36)
- the “symphony” of the brain (20:52)
- band-aid to the nerves system (26:13)
- Kayla’s bad relationship experience (30:22)
- ways to restore body harmony and what isn’t harmony (35:30)
- practices Ani does to harmonize his body (45:05)
- Kayla shares how she helps her clients (49:48)
- alone time and connection with yourself (52:29)
- how Kayla practices gratitude (55:50)
- installing a practice using triggers (58:17)
- practices that incorporate gratitude Ani’s clients use (1:00:45)
- getting closer to true objectivity (1:07:18)
- what others think about us and self-awareness (1:14:50)
- single piece of advice Ani would offer the listeners (1:24:53)
- having control and feeling powerful (1:29:56)
Connect with Kayla:
Please share this episode and leave a 5 star review.